Friday, September 4, 2009

Wedding Teasers...

I'm a sucker for a wedding. When I got married, I spent all my spare time working in a bridal salon because I had to surround my self with all things wedding. Funny enough, those bridal store peeps became my Las Vegas family. So, of course when Katie called to tell me she was engaged, what did I do? I politely told her congratulations and then dropped the polite-ness and started ordering her around. "You WILL fly to Vegas to look for a gown." "You WILL have your shower at my parents house." "You WILL let me boss you around and do everything I say." "You WILL let me do your invitations." You get the picture right? Are any of you considering not being my friend anymore? I swear I did all of this "ordering" with a smile. and maybe a whip.The funny thing... she willing submitted. She should know by now, my bark is bigger than my bite. She let me come to her fitting, and I got some great pictures, but for fear that Levi, Katie's fiance, is a dedicated blog reader (man, I crack myself up...) I can only post teasers. He cant see her in her full beautiful bridal-ness now... 2 weeks before the big day. So, I can only leave you these teasers. Sorry. Wait, just wait until I get to do full posting of all the full bridal-ness in all her bridal glory. She looks SO beautiful. And the wedding... it's gonna be so nice. I can't wait. I'm a sucker for a wedding. See, it even makes me repeat myself. She even asked me to be her "Matron of Honor." That's the nicest gesture, and that's the type of position where I can carry a whip and order people around, right? I'm gonna get my hair done, and a nice mani/pedi, put my pretty dress on, then start ordering people around. Bwa ha ha.
So, with only two weeks away, please don't leave me because of all my wedding rambling. I have a lot more, A. LOT. But it's going to be SO worth it. So... come back real soon, k?

2 comments:

The Wells Family said...

you are silly!

so...where did you get that cute number that you wore at the temple open house on megs site? is it a banana dress? how i miss our shopping days at banana EVERY weekend! how i miss fitting in anything from banana these days...sigh.

Dandy said...

I'll be back. And can you please come here and do the ordering around for me?! Please and thank you.

I'll have to come back for the pictures.. they wouldn't load for some reason!