Thursday, May 21, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

My favorite thing to do is watch this kid figure out the world. It's sometimes hard for me to just sit back and let him do what ever it is he wants to do without reaching in and showing him. The first couple attempts at the stairs head-first weren't really going his way, so I picked him up, took him down a couple and put him back down so show him to go down backwards, the way most tiny humans do, but he thought that meant go back up, since of course he was facing that direction, he'd proceed back up the few that I had carried him down. He'd get to the top, turn around and try the face-first route again. So I sat on my hands and tried to let him figure it out on his own. With mom and top and Nana right below, I let him go for it. He didn't do too shabby either!
A little carpet burn on the nose never killed anybody!
The next day, back up it was...for about 30 minutes, all we did was up, down, up, down, up, down...you get the picture, right? I didn't quite make it in time with the camara, but he went from the other side of the table to here, underneath, scaling over the foot-rests on the chairs. Quite the little climber.
First whipped cream beater...YUM!
Maybe laundry time?
Again, with the climbing. What gives?

2 comments:

Meg said...

Kids are such amazing, inquisitive little creatures...don't you think! It seems like he is very logical with the stair sitch! Smart dude!

Russell Family said...

I feel your pain with the whole climbing thing. Mason climbs everything. He can get on top of tables, beds, and anything else if he really wants to. But it is so fun at the same time seeing them learn and take everything in.