Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Up the creek without a paddle...

On our recent trip to Utah for the 4th of July, we got up every morning and played in the backyard and the creek. The weather was perfect and the creek was fuh-reezing! But it is water and where there is water, there is a certain one year old that must be splashing in it. So, here we are (unbeknownst to me and my pajama/ponytail combo) splashing in the creek, having a grand ol' time. Does Utah get prettier and prettier or is it just me? It was (and probably still is, even though I can't see it right now) so green and pretty. No other way to put it. Anthony caught wind of the paparazzi and flashed his toothy little grin. Chris and Megs brought Addie (or Ads as I like to call her...something about the Hart family that beckons an "S" at the end of every name, don't know what it is?!?) over to play with wonder baby and they were too funny together. They sat down with some toys and Anthony picked up two of the same toy and held one out for Addie, she took it (oh-so-daintily) and then reached for the one in his other had. He was having NO part of that, and told her rightly so. She seemed perhaps a little concerned about this situation as you can see from her face here.They got over it all pretty darn quick when Ads took Anthony over to show his the ropes on the trampoline. I can't lie my first reaction to putting a one year old on a trampoline was "ABSOLUTELY NOT" which really is not like me. I'm all about letting the kids explore and have a good time, but sustaining trampoline injuries myself, that were in all likelihood really minor, but I of course thought they were life-threatening, I was a little leery. Then Chris talked some sense into me, explaining that the one year olds were not auditioning for Cirque du Soleil. Good call Chris, good call. They had so much fun. They're a crack up together because half the time they were swiping toys from each other and the other half the time they were totally oblivious of each other. I couldn't help but think of the many sleep overs we had at the Melville's house on this very trampoline and how we'd wake up at the crack of dawn with the sun beating down on up, huddled into a big ball of sleeping bags, pillows, blankets and people in the middle of the tramp. We had some good times! Now it's their turn, I'm passing the torch. Thanks for the trampoline fun guys, we'll be back in a few weeks to do it again!

2 comments:

Meg said...

It sure was fun!!! Thanks for letting us have a few with you on your TOO QUICK trip. It is so much fun to have our kiddo's play together! Still kinda weird, but FUN! Can't wait to play in a few weeks...plus, I need to get some of these pics from you. I always fail to take pics when we are together...what is my prob??? See you soon! LOVES!

Joanna said...

Oh...the trampoline memories!! And to think we never had any major injuries with all the jumping wars & flips. How fun to have the next generation of tramp jumpers!