Thursday, June 3, 2010

TWO!

Precious Anthony,
I can't believe you're two. You amaze me everyday. You figure things out, you explore, study, examine and observe everything you come across. You are the quiet observer. You always sit back and watch other kids at play, until you can figure out where you'll fit in best, then you go for it. You're so caring. You like to swaddle your giraffe in your blanky, then tuck him in and shut the door, so no one will wake him up. You often "feed" your toy sheep and horse, sometimes dog food, sometimes "sheep" food (raisins.) You have to give not only Daddy and myself goodnight kisses, but always Scout. Sometimes getting out of a bed you're already tucked into to do so. You are so funny, always trying to make us laugh, and often declairing "I'm funny!" You LOVE to play in water. Any water. Bath, sink, squirt bottle, hose, cups, water cooler, dog's dish. DOG'S DISH! Not only do you love to play in it, but you certainly aren't shy about sharing it with Scout.

I love watching you play, you are usually very methodical in your play, and very creative. I love the attachments, that change daily, to a particular toy. Yesterday it was a toy hammer and garbage truck, today it was a piece of cheese (luckily that only lasted as long as the cheese-not long!) I love seeing you smile at me when you look up to realize I'm watching you do something. I love your laugh. I love that you love your family. You always want to be near Daddy and I and love to "talk" on the phone to Nana, Pop, Grandma, Grandpa, Papa, really anyone you choose. I love it when you ask for more milk at night, and I tell you to stay in bed, that you wait a second for the coast to be clear, then BOLT to daddy. I let you say one more nighty-night to dad, then you snuggle me all the way back to your bed. I really do want you to go to sleep, but I really do love it. I love when you come into bed with me (anytime after 6 am... before that, not so much) with your blanky in tow and climb up to snuggle, then fall back asleep. I love it when you insist on wearing your sunglasses, and will hold them on your face, because they're way too big. I love that you'll go to nursery on your own now and that you really do like it.

You are a busy body, and you go go go. You've got a great little personality. Although you are shy, once you know and trust someone, they're like your best friend. You are such a good boy and I'm so excited for you to be a big brother. I know you'll take great care of your sibling(s) and be the protector. I can't tell you how much you mean to me. You've completely changed my life and am so thankful for that. I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father sent you to us. I'm so thankful to be your mom. You are my world and I cannot imagine life any other way. Thank you for being my little buddy. Thank you for the joy you bring to our family. You are a bright bright light. Please always shine. Always remember that you are a Child of God and you will always be looked up to by your brothers or sisters. You will be an example to them forever. I love every inch of you and every second I spend with you. I know when you were born, I would just and stare at you, I still do and I always will. Amazed that you are mine. I can hardly bear the thought of you not being my two year old forever, but I know it just keeps getting better and better. I love you with all my heart and soul. Happy Second Birthday Buddy!
Love,
Mommy

7 comments:

JCLS said...

Oh my gosh...he is so stinking cute. I can't believe his is two and I can't believe I didn't get to meet this little guy while we were in Vegas. I hope you are doing great....I miss you! You look fantastic in all of the cruise shots and I am glad you had fun!

Alexis Treese said...

Oh, I love this letter. I think letters from a mother to her child are so priceless. I rememmber smelling him in church as a newborn... I cant believe he's two. He's so handsome and sounds like such an amazing child. happy birthday to him!

Andrea said...

Love it! Love him! Love you! Miss you so much!! 2...wowzers. What an intelligent man you have there. So very sweet!

Meg said...

OK...2nd Letter you have written to A. 2nd letter I have TEARED up over. Seriously, I am weak. I cried. {You probably didn't even cry!} The last time you wrote A a little note for his birthday, I was going to remember it and do it for Addie. Did I, no. Maybe I ought to have you remind me before her BDAY next year! You are the best! A great friend and a great mommy! Loves.

Fran and Jack said...

Oh, how I wish I would have done this for you and your siblings. I, too teared up a little. How it pains me to be missing so much of his adorableness. Hug and kiss him and tell him Nana and Pop love him so much.

Mom

Ken Fries said...

This kid gets the best presents, from the coolest mom. He will treasure these when he's older and able to really appreciate them. Really beautiful Mollie, way to go.

Susan said...

O.K. I totally teared up...partly from your sweet sentiments and partly because my little doll of a nephew is so stinkin' funny! Can't wait to see you in July (and wishing you were going to be there for Alturas in August).