Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All dressed up

And no place to go! Well, folks it is upon us again. The day that I used to dread, for it meant a moody husband, endless hours of balls, strikes, runs, fouls, outs, walks, RBI's, ERA's and a lot of other BS! But, oddly enough I find myself with little butterflies of anticipation, with the excitement of the smell of hot dogs and cotton candy, lazy summer days and perfect weather. That's right, it's almost here...I can almost taste it. Baseball Season at last! It's been a great off season, but I'm ready for it to roll around again. I've been converted to baseball. Although I had never really followed the sport, much less a specific team, I did always like the Red Sox, probably because my sister lived in Boston for 4 years while her hubby went to dental school, but then I married Tony, and my BoSox took a back seat. At first I became an Angels fan by marriage, and although I really tried to ignore it, they never went away, and like the sun rises every day, baseball season rolls around every year. I gave in. I will say it...I am now a true fan. I'll join in the jersey wearing, the trash talking, the hot-dog eating, the wave doing and enjoy every minute! I really have come to love our get-aways for games and take in the SoCal weather. So...here we go again...LET"S GO ANGELS!

Although Anthony did join us last year about mid-season, he wasn't here to truely appreciate baseball. So, we're getting an early start!

4 comments:

Meg said...

OK...the "Angels fan by marriage" comment almost made me wet my pants. That is a GOOD one! Cute pics! Did you set them up? I LIKE! And the pic of the boys together is PRICELESS! Go Angels!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my friend you are hilarious!!! And I had NO idea you had a blog! Glad you let me know so I can stalk you!! You have the cutest little family!!!!

Jen Rose said...

Cute pics Moll! Your little boy is soooo adorable! I'm so glad we got back in touch! We have to go to lunch or dinner sometime ok?

Andrea said...

We're all about the Red Sox around our house. Bring on the hot dogs baby. That is the best thing about baseball (and football) games! BTW - I'm trying to avoid getting into facebook for fear of it sucking the life out of me. Maybe one day I will join. I loved your comment on it. Miss ya - I need to call you one of these days soon. I need my Mollie fix.