Thursday, June 11, 2009

Favorite Quotes...

Pop (my dad) talking to Dominic (my 5 yr. old nephew):

P: How old is Everett now?
D: He's still zero.

Watching a PBS fundraiser with 50's music, my dad says about one of the singers:

"Hmm, she used to be young!"

My Co-Worker, Jana, shopping with her six-year-old daughter, Peyton, looking at a rack, next to a large group of African-American women:

P: Mom, do you like black people?
J: WHAT?!?! Of course I do.
P: I don't.
J: WHAT?!? Honey, that's not nice to say, they're just like us, everyone is the same.
P: Well, are they Christian?
J: ***Thinking to herself*** RUN.

For the record, Peyton has black friends, and a black teacher, who she loves. Where do they come up with these things?

My friend Tara , tucking in her then 6-year-old Victoria, wearing a regular nightgown, instead of her normal sweats & t-shirt:

V: What's that?
T: What's what?
V: What are you wearing?
T: A nightgown.
V: Why?
T: Why do you care?
V: Is daddy going to do sex to you tonight?
T: WHAT?!? Victoria, how do you know that word? You're too young to talk about things like that.
V: From the cartoon, with a mommy and daddy and talking dog. (Family guy)
T: Where did you see that?
V: Cartoon Network (apparently comes on late at night) Don't worry mommy, I'm not going to have sex until I'm 20.

I don't think Victoria has a television in her room any more. Again, where do they come up with these things?

My niece, Eliza, probably about 4 at the time, while taking a bath and totally out of the blue, talking to my sister, Angie:

E: I used to think the thing that hangs from boys' bums was just for decoration, now I know it's where they go pee from

My mom called and told me this one. I lost ALL ability to speak, because I was laughing so hard. I had tears pouring from my eyes, and it took at least 45 minutes for me to tell Tony, because everytime I tried, the uncontrollable laugh showed up.

I have more...oh do I have more. I plan on writing a book with these things, I just though this would give me a nice start.

2 comments:

Meg said...

You ALWAYS have great quotes...I still can't wait for that book! Thanks for the laughs!

The Wells Family said...

ha! wait until aj gets older, life gets more amusing!

the other day bobby asked me where i actually go potty (we are at the ending of potty training...can you tell?) i told him girls and boys are different and he said, 'oh...you mean you poop AND pee out of your bum?" so TMI, but totally hilarious.