Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Dear Dad,
Happy Father's Day! You're the best dad a girl could ask for. And the best "Pop" a grandkid could ask for. Although I've graduated to adulthood, you continue to DO, DO, DO. "Dad, I don't like the mirrors in my dining room!" Mirrors down, wall patched, textured, primed and painted. "Dad, I can't find the bookshelves I want in Vegas, can you go to Target, see if they have 'em, buy 'em, and drive 'em to Vegas?" I have 7 matching bookshelves. "Dad, we're flying in around 11." Flight delayed, late, LATE, LATE. Dad's there to pick us up. "Dad, can you go check out a car I called on, buy it and I'll come pick it up this weekend?" Car purchased, washed and gassed. "Dad, I don't need this car anymore, but am having a hard time selling it...can you come drive it back to Utah and sell it for me?" Car transported and sold. "Dad, I gotta get all my stuff to Vegas, can you drive me there, in the world's biggest heap of a truck, drop me and the stuff off, then turn around and drive back?" Here, in Vegas with a truck load full of crap. My crap.

I know this is a super short list, but if I wrote everything you've done and continue to do for me, we'd both be here a while! You're the best example to me and have never let me down. We've had countless daddy/daughter dates, which I cherish. And lots of laughs. I'll never forget you taking me square dancing in the 3rd grade, or waking me up, so I could drive you to the airport so I could have your car the days you were out of town. Trips to Iceburg and shared Hostess cupcakes. Trips to Hires and more recently, In-N-Out. You're the most giving, selfless, generous man I know. I love you so much and I'm so thankful for you. Happy Father's Day!

Love,
Your Little Girl

4 comments:

JCLS said...

Your dad is a lot like mine! He would do all that for me too! I hope Tony had a great one too!

Doty6strong said...

Geeze, Demanding aren't you?!! JK Dad's are amazing. I hate how they often get overlooked on Father's Day (especially at church). Dad's should get just as much praise as mom's do. They do a lot of the work and NEVER complain about it.

Andrea said...

You do have a great daddy. I love Jack and Fran! Burnin' up down there in Vegas? Wish I could come down and check for myself!

Mike and Meg said...

Mollie,
I found your blog through Andreas. Your family is so cute. How are you doing? I loved looking at your blog!