Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy First Birthday!

Anthony turned one!!! I cannot believe a year has gone by. It's been such an awesome year. He started walking about 11 months, and hasn't looked back since! He threw him a little family shin-dig with cake and ice-cream. It was a lot of fun. He got lots of fun toys including a jungle-gym (as if our house wasn't cluttered enough...thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) that he loves! For his birthday party, my great friend (and Anthony's future mother-in-law) Megan made him this AWESOME banner, that I will change the number on and use for every-single birthday until he's 50. I love it! It's so cute and creative.


When it came time for cake, I stripped him down and let him at it. Except, he didn't really WANT at it. He looked at it like it was a foreign space invader that landed right there on his high-chair. What the heck, foreign space invader, what are you doing here?Perhaps, if I look away, it will beam back up to it's spaceship and GO AWAY!Nope. Darn, it's still there.Maybe if I just give it a little poke...pinch... Nope, nothing. Well, it's not THAT bad...No, wait. Maybe it is that bad. Get off my fingers.Perhaps, a second chance... It's ok, I'm gonna be ok, just lick it off my fingers and then maybe it'll go away.
***Mom chops a big piece out to show boy that little invaders aren't hiding in it...it's actually just cake.***
Sorry mom, didn't work... Please get me outta here. NOW.

Here is a picture of all of Anthony's grandparents, and his great-grandpa. What a lucky little man! Glad you all could make it!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Great photos again. What a fun party. One...where does the time go??? I keep asking this and still cannot figure it out!

Meg said...

Wow...that is a big title to live up to, mother-in-law! It seems like we have always wanted to be related/siblings...and now we have the kids to help us out with that! The banner looks great! I am glad you liked it! Great cake pics...crack me up! Looks like a fun PARTAY! Now for some celebrating when you come to the 801!!! The last thing I have to say is, Anothony is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!! Happy Birthday Dude!

The Andersens said...

One already?! My how the time flies. Just wanted to say a quick hello and tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog these weeks. I know I've said this before but you really are a talented writer. Disneyland or bust! hehehehe I miss seeing you guys at church :( Hope all is well!

Erin said...

I LOVED the play by play! Seriously, LOL. What a cute little guy you have!

Angie said...

That is SO Ben! Little picks here & there @ food. One. Cheerio. at. a. time. What a cutie patootie!