Saturday, October 31, 2009

Katie's Wedding Food and Paper

I know, I know, it doesn't seem logical to put food and paper in the same post, but stick with me, I won't lead you astray. It all comes together in my evil plot to blend the 2 worlds of culinary deliciousness and papery paperness. Have I lost you? Don't feel bad, I think I lost myself when I titled this post. But come along, and we'll journey through this one together! I have a little side gig that I call The Paper Giraffe. Most of y'all know that already. I do custom invitations. Wedding, baby or bridal shower, birthday...basically anything you'd invite a person to... I'm on it. Because I held Katie in a head lock and forced her to let me do her invitations, and really she had no choice in the matter, I also got to do her bridal shower invites and her rehearsal dinner invites. Unfortuately due to unforseen circumstances, the rehearsal dinner invites will not make an appearance in this post. Maybe another day. It was so fun for me to see a paper project for one event all the way through. As a result, everything was cohesive. All the paper coordinated, and I got a little bit of artistic liberty (again, because I had Katie in head lock) which was so great. Not to metion it was a seriously fun shower.Thanks again, Mama for letting me take over your house. Here is the wedding invitation.Isn't that picture so cute. They really are a darnit cute couple.I love that green paper, they call the patern "regalia." Doesn't that sound so...so...so...regal?!?The two inserts in there are Map & Directions and additional information about the ceremony.Now, you may at this point be asking yourself "Self, what does any of this have to do with food?" And speaking of food... here's some of it. I don't know how I missed getting pictures of all the food, but here's what I did get, and what I do know is that it was SO good.This was a bruscetta. I like to say brew-shet-a. My sister-in-law, Jill went on a mission to Italy and says brew-sket-a. I know she's right, but you can't teach this old dog new tricks. Sorry Jill, I will continue to embarass you! Anyway, it had a thin slice of fresh mozzerella (don't even get me started on the pronunciation of this one...it could last for days...) and some coarsly chopped avocado in it. It was mighty fine. And a spring salad that was good, but the honey dijon dressing...there just aren't words. And if you're still asking yourself what the food and paper are doing in the same post...here is where it all comes together. The universe will make sense again! There were cards for each dish, stating what they were, in an adorable (my opinion, of course) matchy-matchy kinda way.Then there was great fresh fruit and other goodies to douse in the chocolate covered fountain. One picture I didn't get, that I really wish I had was of about 5 young kids literally dripping in chocolate. Down their mouths, shirts, pants and hands. I'm sure their parents were none too happy, but I got a kick out of it.Then, Katie did the cutest "Candy Bar" with different candies, all in her colors. It was so cute, and delicious too.She wanted a sign that said "How sweet it is to be loved by you" All together now... "Awwwwwww....."It really was a great detail.We stamped these Chinese take-out boxes with a cute design and "P" and on the opposite side, it said "Thank-You" So the guest filled their own candy boxes and took those as their favors. It was really a beautiful event and I, again, am so thankful I was asked to be a part of it. I had so much fun not only participating, but having the chance to do all the paper. I loved every minute of it.Enjoy!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It looked lovely. I so wish that you had your side gig when I got hitched so you could've perty invitations like that for my big event. Oh well...maybe for my next wedding, haha.

Andrea said...

Yeah, I just re-read my comment. Yup, I'm an idiot...MADE...I forgot the word made.

Erin said...

Well, I guess I was one of the few that didn't know that you have a definite way with paper. Those invites are beautiful and unique. Very impressed.
BTW- just realized that I am typing this from Henderson right now. Where are you????

Dandy said...

I love it!

Did you use envelopments?! I love pocket fold invitations and I love how everything coordinated. And I'm doing a candy bar too. We should be BFFs!

Andrea said...

Dude, why you holding out on me? You know I've boycotted facebook and this is my only way to have a glimpse into your life. Whatcha been up to? It's been even longer for you to post than it took me!! Get on it would ya?!? I might have to actually pick up my phone and call you, heaven forbid!