Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

So, this wasa the night before the big day! Katie and Levi had their rehearsal dinner at her dad's house, which I have not set foot in since we were in high school. I rang the doorbell and when Mary Jane, Katie's step-mom, answered the door she didn't recognize me for a minute. It didn't take long, but it's been over ten years since I've been there.I told her I felt weird ringing the doorbell, because I practically lived there, had a key, the alarm code, and a chair at their dinner table. Oh, how I've missed that house. The views, the views are second to none. You can see all the way north, south and west. They sit right on the mountain side, so all you can see to the east is a big fat mountain. The backyard was just redone for the blessed occasion and it looked great. I had to wander around the entire place to take pictures, just in case it's another 10 years before I get back.In the midst of my wandering I was so preoccupied with my camara, when I took it away from my face for 3 seconds, I saw this little guy sitting RIGHT in front of me. I'm telling you... 10 steps, and Peter Cottontail was my pet. He just sat there, and starred. I starred, he starred, he didn't move so much as a whisker. I started to think he was a lawn decoration, so I casually took a step toward him...and hop...hop... hop away, he did. so long, bunny.Like I said, the views... to the North.To the South.Here's the groom, cool as a cucumber. Really...can anyone help me with that phrase? I mean, after a little refridgeration, maybe, but are they always cool?The lovely couple. They look so peaceful, so calm, no cold feet (unlike the cucumber) and just happiness to be together.My homegirl and me. Yep, I just said homegirl. Don't we look like homegirls? We are pretty fly. Did I just say fly? I've offically lost it.
This photo doesn't even do the sky justice. It was blue skies and warm all day, then just as we finished eating, the wind picked up a bit and we got this beautiful pink and grey sky. It was truely breathtaking. So... Tomorrow's the big day! (Ok, so it was really like 2 weeks ago, but play along, please!)

No comments: