Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday Dinner

I love going home to see my family, especially over a weekend when Sunday dinner might be involved. My mama is a fantastic cook, as is my dad. I always eat WAY too much but every last calorie is so worth it. The entertainment is the best part. We laugh, we cry, we eat. Except we don't really cry, that is unless we're laughing so hard, tears come. Which happens a lot, so yeah, I guess we do cry. The last time I was home, I didn't get pictures of everyone.And, if there's one thing my mama taught me, (here's mama above, admonishing me as I type this) it's to include everyone. Not always an easy lesson for me, but I think I got it. Sorry Mama.So, here we go... Here's Jack. He's my pa. He's the best dad ever. EVER. Got it?Here's a little after dinner conversation. Looks like Erwin must've been saying something interesting. Or funny, or just making strange sounds, never can tell from a photo.The aftermath.Here's my oldest sister, Susan and her husband, Randy. They just moved back to SLC after a long absence. They havn't lived in SLC for over 18 years. Which mean they moved away when they were just three. (Wink, wink...)This is their oldest daughter, Cassidy. She's 17. WHAT? 17? No, no, no...she was just born, I swear. My sister loves the share the fact that I'm closer in age to her daughter than her. Not by a whole lot, but it's true. Here's Parker, he's Susan's second child. He's 13 and a pretty darn good kid. Here's Preston, he's Susan's youngest, and I always have to remind myself that he's only 9 because he looks like he's 15. Hmmm, that sounds familliar.Here's Eric. Or Erwin. He's my brother. He's been through a lot in life, so I'm happy to see him smile. He always has something witty to say and never misses a beat.Here's Coleman. I think he likes to just be called "Cole" now. I'm just the aunt who will always call him "Coleman Dude" because that's what we called him when he was just a little dude. He's 12, almost 13 and he's a great kid. Apparently loves Caesar salad. Max, Maxinator. He's Eric's middle kiddo. We celebrated his 9th birthday at this particular Sunday dinner. He cleaned up pretty nicely. Andrew, Eric's youngest. Mubby Jubby. He says funny things that have become tag lines in our family. A couple of years ago at Christmas he was given the task to blow out all the candles. Angie told him how many there were to blow out and his immediate response was "yeah wight." Then he told me that his has a "wap-top." He's funny.Here's Angie. She's my sister, she's the middle kid. That's her husband Brian. They're pretty funny. You may remember seeing these two before.Ben (a little blury, in the distance). He's Angie's oldest. He's the most mature 12 year boy I know. Although, for the record, I really don't know a whole lota 12 year old boys. Ok...movin' on.Emily is Angie's middle kid. She's great. She takes care of Anthony everytime dinner rolls around, so I can eat. Thanks Em. Here's Eliza Jane. She's sassy. She's Angies youngest and sassiest. Sassy, sassy sassy. In a good way. She LOVES Wonder-baby and wants to hold him and carry him like a widdle tiny baby. Problem is that Wonder-baby is one. He walks, (and by walks, I mean RUNS) climbs, and doesn't really like being cottled like a baby. Also, he probably weighs pretty close to he same amount as Eliza.

{Insert picture of Josh, Jill, Dominic & Everett. I falsely stated they would be moving back to Utah soon...not the case. They've decided to go stay in Portland for now. Darn. They weren't in town for this Sunday dinner... hey, guys... I need some picures of you, k?}
Here's Bug-Man, he's sexy, eh? Well, I think he is. On the left, we have Zach. He was a missionary in LV, and spent many-a-evening at our house teaching. Can't say enough good about the kid. Let's just say he has "it." Wonder-Baby. I love when he squats like this to play.Coleman and Ben, conspiring something good, I'm sure.

So that's a typical Sunday dinner at home. It's a little LOUDER than you might imagine, but I'm not gonna lie, we're loud people. Stop by sometime, you're always welcome! The more the merrier. Sorry again, Mama, I just invited who-knows-how-many people over for dinner (let's be honest, maybe 2 people read this and one of them is my mama. Hi Mama. Mom? Are you there? Mom? Gosh, not even her? Bummer.) but I'm just making sure I include everyone.

3 comments:

barlows said...

Ah, I loved this (yes, I totally read your blog!) and seeing all your family is fun to put names and faces together.

Jen Rose said...

Such a cute post girl! And, I recognize some of these peeps from your wedding! :) Family dinners there must be amazing! Especially if anyone makes those Rolo cookies! Which I will be trying soon. They look d-lish! When can we do lunch??

Dandy said...

Thats a lot of people for a Sunday dinner! I love it :)

Oh and I found an Obon Festival in Vegas... but it already passed. You'll have to check it out next year!