Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wonder Baby Plays...

Post Script: Reading back over the title made me think of the line in Oceans 13 where Matt Damon has on that ghastly nose prosthetic and says "The nose plays, oh the nose plays." Funny. I love those movies.
And plays, and plays and plays. You get the idea right? This was in SLC at the famous Sunday Dinner. I was sitting at the table after eating, in my food coma, when I hear one of the girls behind me. "Aunt Mollie, you gotta come look at AJ." Sidenote - I had such good intentions to call Wonder Baby "A.J." When he was born, Anthony just seemed too big of a name for such a little guy, plus it just didn't FEEL right. I would've called him Jack, but Bug Man about has a coronary when I bring that up, so I settled on AJ. I even called him that in a few blog posts. It never stuck. Eventually I came around to calling him Anthony, when I'm not calling him one of my made up pet names, and it finally sounds and feels like his name and now when I hear someone (my family) call him AJ, I don't really like it. But, I can't take it back now because I started it all. What's a girl to do? I digress, back to the girls calling for me to come look. They had somehow negotiated a sweet deal with this black cat to sit still while Wonder Baby checked him out. It was really quite adorable. He's so used to his 100+ lb. chocolate lab, that any other animal, he thinks he can lay on, squeeze, pull various apendages, etc. The most shocking part is that Wonder Baby was done before the poor cat was. I have a friend (who I've sadly lost touch with... Dori, you out there?) who named their cat "Poor Kitty" for various reasons, but I always cracked up at that. Poor Kitty.Then Eliza started chasing the baby around, waving her fists at him, which he thought was THE funniest thing he'd ever seen. Laughing, Laughing, Laughing. It was so entertaining. He formed an attachment to this basket, which is the same size as him, and held on to it for dear life. I have no greater joy than hearing my child laugh, and giggle and squeal.And look at that smile. I think these two wore each other out.I love those chubby fingers, barely there hair, squishy cheeks, ok, ok, ok, so I'm a LITTLE bias, but come on, look at him.How can you not?He loves playing at Nana and Pop's house.What is it with babies being chased, they run, giggle, pause so you can get them, tickle them and put them back down to run and chase again.We had a grand ol' time.And by we I mean Anthony and Eliza. I was a mere spectator.With a camara.*Heart Melts* Then a little spinning. What is it with babies and spinning?Dizzy.Man, I love these kiddos.

2 comments:

Dandy said...

So CUTE! And with that huge basket is just cracking me up. Can your family adopt me?

Mollie Sekikawa said...

Absolutely! The more the merrier! Ever near SLC? When's your wedding? I love reading about it. I used to work a lot in the bridal industry, so weddings are right up my ally. I love details and seeing what brides come up with.