Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Biggest Loser

So, a woman in my ward started a friendly weight loss competition. I am giving it a go. I set a goal of losing 20 lbs by my anniversary before I found out about this. My anniversary is April 9th and the deadline for the competition is April 15th. So, I figured I'd join. 20 lbs gone and some extra dough. Woo Hoo! I thought there were a few people in the ward that joined, making the pot maybe a little over $100 ($20 to join), but I just stumbled upon Sarah's blog (the contest starter) and she just updated that there 37 people... 37!!!! That would make the pot a whopping $740. That's a lot of money. The real reason for joining is to loose the 20 lbs. but a little extra cash doesn't hurt! A few of those girls were doin' a little trash talkin' at church (can you do that?!?) and I must say...it just added fuel to the fire. I'm ON IT! Went to the gym yesterday, and gonna go today, and I have to do it. Any motivation you can send my way...I joyfully welcome! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Holy $740!!! You best be winning! For the 20 less lbs OF COURSE! And that money is just a little incentive! You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!! Just think about getting rid of the baby fat! We can ALWAYS deal with less of that! Well...I'll be your cheerleader! If you need some cheers...call me up and I can muster something up! Lose that fat. Lose that fat, baby fat! {That is only the beginning! There's more where that came from!} Loves.

Erin said...

First of all Mollie, you look GREAT! Having said that though, YOU GO GIRL!