Thursday, January 8, 2009

Next Item up... a Monkey!

Halloween kind of came and went, and really there was no fanfare. I'm not sure what I expected with a 5 month old. I got this great Monkey costume that I was so excited to put AJ in because I call him "Monkey" more than I call him his own name! It has a curly tail on the back and a banana in the pocket. I had a great idea to dress Scout up as a banana also, but finding a banana for a 100 lb. dog isn't so easy! So, she was the old stand-by...a witch! On Halloween, we took the baby to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a few minutes, just to get a few pictures, and then went to Capriotti's for a quick bite to eat, hopped in the car to go to Dan and Jenny's, where a whole bunch of people were hanging out and BBQ-ing, and of course passing out candy. As soon as we headed to the Skelly's, the baby crashed. It was a bit past nap time, and there was a lot going on. The most unusual thing about it is that it was borderline HOT that day. Strange for Vegas, it almost always rains and is cold here for Halloween, but of course not the year I get a plush, padded, 900 degree monkey for my baby. So...the cosume got about 10 minutes of use. Great.
Tony had the Idea of putting an Angels jersey over the Monkey, so he would become the rally Monkey, but that didn't work either.
Oh well...Maybe next year it will be a little more eventful.



Trick or Treat




Don't worry, she's a good witch!

1 comment:

The Wells Family said...

lol! love the little monkey. bobby was the same one last year. and i completely echo you with the unsually hot day. it was here in dc and bobby trick or treated without the top of his costume. oh well. what ya gonna do?