Thursday, January 15, 2009

Four Generations

Anthony Jack is lucky enough to be alive with 3 generations before him. My mom's dad is the only grandparent I had living in my life, and I often think of what the others were like. I like to think that some of my personality came from each of them, and I know from Grandpa Seibold that I have some of him in me. Anthony, Tony, Howard and Howard Sr. are in the picture below. I love to hear the stories of my Grandpa, and his experiences in Germany as a missionary during WWII and Tony's grandpa has awesome stories from that era as well. He was a child at the time, and living in Sacramento. Because his family is Japanese, they were moved to an interment camp, and lost everything they had, including a lot of land (they had a strawberrry farm) and all their personal belongings. It is really heartbreaking to hear what had to endure and what they lost, especially because our government never fully compensated those families for what they lost. Imagine what a big chunck of farm land in California would be worth today. They hardly got anything. Although a sad part of American History, it's fascinating to hear about it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Mollz,
That is such a cool thing and such a cool picture to have! What a keepsake! I think Mr. Anthony Jack has some of the Sekikawa look in him too! Way to catch up on the blogging! It's fun to see all of this stuff!

The Wells Family said...

i think the little gramps is super cute!

nate & traci said...

Seriously...I just want to bite him. He's so cute!!

Joanna said...

So glad I FINALLY got to meet Anthony Jack! What a handsome little guy.

Jen Rose said...

Oh girl....HI! I am so glad we got back in touch! I have missed you! And, your little boy is ADORABLE! I'm so excited for you! I'll be calling you soon! We definitely need to get together!

Andrea said...

Hey you...I think I need an updated picture of the big man! Would ya post one for me??? Miss ya!