Friday, January 9, 2009

Sprite Lap, Rib Pants, Hurl Shirt

I said I would elaborate on the reason for not leaving the house for dinner. And here it is... When we were in SLC, we went to dinner with the Hart family, and thought, hey...how hard can 2 babies be? WELL...now I know better! Anthony doesn't love to sit in a high chair, so we don't go out nearly as often as we used to, which is actually a good thing, but I know he has to learn how to behave when we're out (I know he's a little young still), so what to do? Anyway...we ventured out to PF Changs and thought while we were waiting we'd get a few pics of us. I can't keep my eyes open in a picture to save me, so that explains that, but that's not the point...the point is, if you look closely, you'll see THE LOOK in Anthony's eyes. If you're wondering to yourself..."what is THE LOOK?" I'll tell you...it's the look of "I'm up to NO GOOD!" The drink you see in front of him, was FULL of Sprite, and the moment after this picture was snapped, the entire glass was on my lap, upside down. OK...that's Sprite Lap. The next photo is of the Harts...doesn't Addie look sweet and innocent? Well, a few minutes after Sprite Lap, our appetizers arrived and Megan had put a nice, sauce-y spare rib on her plate. If you have been to Changs, you know those tables aren't so big, and we were in a booth, which limits the space you can put between kids and tables. Addie must've wanted that rib because she grabbed the plate, and down went the sauce-y rib onto Meg's pants...Rib Pants!

So, I enjoyed a wet lap dinner and Megan enjoyed slimey pair of pants, and after all the fiasco and yummy food (what made it to our mouth's anyway) we were getting ready to leave and Meg and I went to the restroom to change Addie ( 4 adult hands = better than 2!) and came back to Tony traumatized and covered in baby throwup. YUCK. Apparently AJ, a.k.a. Lighting Hands, grabbed a cocktail napkin that Tony didn't see and started snacking away. After he started choking, Tony did a finger through the mouth to remove said coctail napkin and his Paul Bunion fingers made the baby gag, and he ended up with what other than...Hurl Shirt?!?

So, the moral of the story is this: GET A BABYSITTER IF YOU WANT A NICE ADULT DINNER!

2 comments:

Candace said...

LOL!! Wait until you have more!! Russ and I will take the kids out to dinner and don't even speak to each other because we are too busy trying to entertain the kids so everyone else sitting around us can enjoy their meal!

Erin said...

What a seriously cute family you have.